1. Vixen CALD Peer Educator and Outreach Worker (2 days/week)
2. Vixen Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peer Educator and Outreach Worker (2 days/week)
2. Vixen Male Peer Educator and Outreach Worker (2 days/week)
THESE POSITIONS WILL:
- Provide holistic support, information, and peer education about safer sex practices within a health promotion framework.
- Provide peer education, support, information, training, advocacy, and referral services to sex workers on issues that affect them, including but not limited to: health, migration, legal, taxation, finance, employment, sexuality and identity, rights, and safer injecting.
- Develop community engagement and development strategies to empower sex workers to represent their issues, be involved and provide their input into Vixen.
- Develop and implement a multi-pronged outreach program reflecting the specific needs of sex workers in Victoria, including maintaining regular contact through outreach.
The position will be based at the Vixen office in Brunswick with regular outreach to sex workers. This position will be required to work outside of standard business hours consistent with responsibilities. Some inter/ intrastate travel may be required.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please follow the links at the top of the page to access the full job description and application instructions for each position.
For more ways to get involved, check our socials for community events and volunteer opportunities, or email email@example.com!